Warlords Battlecry Hive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warlords Battlecry Hive

The place for WBC players

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Hero in Need of Skill

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
andminus
Squire
andminus

A Hero in Need of Skill Empty
PostSubject: A Hero in Need of Skill   A Hero in Need of Skill I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 8:06 pm

Hey folks, I just joined, and hope this place is still somewhat active from time to time... I also hope that I placed my question here in the right place...

I was wondering if anyone has made a Hero editor that at the minimum, would allow me to pick the heroes stats, and skills as I see fit, I've made themed heroes and while I'm not trying to make them overpowered, I don't want them to be a Minotaur or reptile or something.

I've seen around this forum it may be possible to do nutty stuff with hex editing but I'm incredibly unknowledgeable about it. if anyone has any ideas that might assist me in my endeavor, I'd appreciate it.

~Andminus
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_winekiller
Mercenary
Patrick_the_winekiller

PostSubject: Re: A Hero in Need of Skill   A Hero in Need of Skill I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 1:39 am

there are easy to use, friendly interface apps around here for download.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
andminus
Squire
andminus

PostSubject: Re: A Hero in Need of Skill   A Hero in Need of Skill I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 2:40 am

Hey another living person!

Um not to be a pest but could you link me in the direction of said apps and things?

~Andminus
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_winekiller
Mercenary
Patrick_the_winekiller

PostSubject: Re: A Hero in Need of Skill   A Hero in Need of Skill I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 5:54 am

Actually, there is one right here, three rows above this thread: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
andminus
Squire
andminus

PostSubject: Re: A Hero in Need of Skill   A Hero in Need of Skill I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 3:53 am

Ah, thanks; I think I saw that on a pervious look through, and assumed it had to do with the unit graphics, I downloaded and see it has to do with EVERYTHING so I'm rather happy, however I'm not quite sure how to use it after I've downloaded, I go to the folder in My Documents for WBC3 and it it shows Herodata35.xcr, which I assume is the file, but it doesn't edit right, each time I try to alter skills around or generally mess with one of the heroes, when I go into the game that hero has just disappeared from the lineup...
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_winekiller
Mercenary
Patrick_the_winekiller

PostSubject: Re: A Hero in Need of Skill   A Hero in Need of Skill I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 4:52 am

I'm afraid this is a mod-related question and cannot help you further. I only know the howtos on the original wbc3 hero file (HeroData.xcr) and The Protectors mod hero file (HeroDataTPC.xcr).
Back to top Go down
andminus
Squire
andminus

PostSubject: Re: A Hero in Need of Skill   A Hero in Need of Skill I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 10:29 pm

well regardless thanks for the help thus far... With my older accounts deleted I wasn't too far, but I guess I can start over again... I'll leave the editor thing alone until I figure out more about it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Hero in Need of Skill   A Hero in Need of Skill I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Hero in Need of Skill
Page 1 of 1